In today’s remote-work friendly world, tablets have become essential for various activities, including productivity, communication, entertainment, and creativity. With so many options out there, it can be hard to choose the right tablet that fits your needs. This comparison evaluates three of the most popular tablets: Xiaomi Pad 6 vs iPad 10 vs iPad Pro 11.
In this comparison, we will analyze different aspects of the Xiaomi Pad 6, iPad 10, and iPad Pro 11 such as display, design, performance, cameras, battery, pricing, and more. We hope to assist you in making an informed decision when choosing the tablet that suits your needs best.
Xiaomi Pad 6 vs iPad 10 vs iPad Pro 11: Comparing Specs and Features
The Xiaomi Pad 6 is a great tablet with a high-quality display, powerful processor, and competitive pricing. The Apple iPad 10 is also a good tablet with a vibrant display, reliable performance, and affordable price. Meanwhile, the Apple iPad Pro 11 (2022) is Apple’s top-tier tablet that comes with advanced features such as a superior display, powerful processor, and extra functionalities. Let’s take a deep dive into the specs and features of each tablet and evaluate better.
The Xiaomi Pad 6 offers a fantastic value. Even though it's quite affordable, it offers tons of flagship features like a metal body, a pretty 144Hz display, powerful hardware, and up-to-date software. You can get it with a keyboard and pen - however, some features like a fingerprint scanner are missing.
Display & Design
Design and display play a major role in the buying decision. The iPad Pro 11 (2022) excels in this area with its 11-inch Liquid Retina display with a 2388 x 1668 pixels resolution. It displays accurate colors, sharpness, and has a wide viewing angle. The P3 Color Gamut ensures vivid colors, making it a great choice for watching movies and creative work like designing and video editing. It boasts a sleek design with slim bezels and premium built.
The Xiaomi Pad 6 comes in a close second with its 11-inch 16:10 display, boasting a resolution of 2880 x 1800 pixels. The display of Pad 6 is equipped with a variable refresh rate of up to 144Hz, HDR 10, and Dolby Vision, providing smooth motion, rich colors, and improved dynamic range. Additionally, it has TÜV Rheinland low blue light certification and hardware-level blue light reduction to minimize eye strain during prolonged use. While the display is impressive, it has a lower resolution compared to the iPad Pro.
The iPad 10 has a 10.9-inch Liquid Retina display with a resolution of 2360 x 1640 pixels. It has True Tone display technology that adjusts the color temperature automatically in line with the surrounding light for a natural viewing experience. The display is sharp and vivid, making it good for media and productivity tasks. However, note that the display is slightly smaller than the displays on other devices.
In terms of design, all three tablets feature sleek and modern aesthetics. The iPad Pro has a sleek and professional appearance due to its narrow borders and high-quality structure. The Xiaomi Pad 6 is slim and includes Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection to protect against scratches. The iPad 10 has a classic Apple design with a robust and premium unibody aluminum construction.
Also Read: Xiaomi Pad 6 Hands-on Review
When choosing a tablet, it’s important to consider its performance since it affects how well the device can handle different tasks such as multitasking, gaming, and content creation.
The Xiaomi Pad 6 has a powerful Snapdragon 870 chipset which includes an octa-core CPU and Adreno 650 GPU. This results in fast and smooth performance that enables seamless multitasking and lag-free app usage. There are different RAM and storage options available to cater to different user requirements, ensuring an efficient and responsive user experience.
The iPad 10, on the other hand, houses Apple’s A14 Bionic chip, a powerful and efficient processor. The A14 Bionic chip has a six-core CPU, a four-core GPU, and a 16-core Neural Engine. This chip enables fast and seamless navigation, efficient multitasking, and immersive gaming experiences due to its exceptional performance. It also supports Apple’s Metal technology, which enhances graphics-intensive applications and games.
The iPad Pro 11 (2022) takes the performance game to the next level with its M2 chip, which offers industry-leading processing power and efficiency. Since the M2 chip is a hypothetical successor to the M1 chip, its exact specifications have not been provided. However, given the impressive performance of the M1 chip, it is likely that the M2 chip will offer exceptional performance, particularly for tasks that require a lot of power like video editing, 3D rendering, and gaming.
We have reviewed all three tablets and have the Geekbench scores with us. Let us explain how their performance measures.
|Tablet||Single-Core CPU||Multi-Core CPU||Compute|
|Xiaomi Pad 6||1006||3293||3569|
|Apple iPad 10||1570||4039||12514|
|Apple iPad Pro 11 (2022)||1912||8532||33884|
The table shows the Geekbench scores for Xiaomi Pad 6, Apple iPad 10, and Apple iPad Pro 11 in terms of single-core CPU, multi-core CPU, and compute performance. These scores can help you understand the processing power of these tablets.
A higher single-core CPU score indicates better performance of a single-core in executing tasks. This is important for tasks that rely on a single core such as web browsing, basic applications, and certain games.
The multi-core CPU score represents the combined performance of all CPU cores. A greater multi-core score means better multi-threaded performance, which is crucial for tasks that can use several cores at once, such as video editing, rendering, and multitasking.
The compute score evaluates the tablet’s ability to handle demanding computational tasks such as gaming, graphics-intensive applications, and artificial intelligence, by considering both CPU and GPU capabilities. It provides a general idea of the tablet’s overall computational performance.
The Apple iPad Pro M2 is the best tablet you can buy right now. It's more powerful than all competitors, has two very pretty 11-inch and 12.9-inch displays, as well as a premium built. We get great premium features like the good Apple Pencil 2, fantastic keyboard covers, facial recognition, and good speakers. However, compared to its predecessors, almost nothing has changed.
Based on the scores, we can make the following observations:
- Single-Core CPU: The Apple iPad Pro 11 performs very well on tasks that rely on single-core processing as it achieves an impressive single-core CPU score of 1912. Although the Xiaomi Pad 6 and Apple iPad 10 achieve slightly lower scores, they still have respectable single-core performance.
- Multi-Core CPU: The Apple iPad Pro 11 has the highest multi-core CPU score of 4716, indicating that it excels in handling multiple tasks simultaneously. The Apple iPad 10 comes in second place, while the Xiaomi Pad 6 falls behind in terms of multi-core performance.
- Compute Score: The compute score measures the combined CPU and GPU abilities of a device. The Apple iPad Pro 11 has the highest score of 33884 in this category, which indicates it performs well for complex computational tasks. The Apple iPad10 comes in second with a score of 12514, and the Xiaomi Pad 6 is placed third.
The Apple iPad Pro 11 (2022) is a great choice for power users, professionals, and anyone who needs high-performance computing abilities. Its single-core, multi-core CPU and compute performance outshine other tablets. The Apple iPad 10, on the other hand, also offers decent performance at a relatively affordable price. The Xiaomi Pad 6 may have slightly lower scores, but it still provides satisfactory performance for everyday tasks and multimedia use.
Also Read: Apple iPad Pro 11-inch review
Tablets are frequently used for content creation, video calls, and capturing memories on the go, so it is becoming more important for them to have good camera capabilities.
The iPad Pro (2022) excels in this category with its advanced camera system. It features a 12MP wide camera with an f/1.8 aperture, as well as a 10MP ultra-wide camera with an f/2.4 aperture and a 125° field of view. The wide camera takes clear and detailed pictures, and the ultra-wide camera captures more details in the shot. Additionally, the camera system supports features like autofocus with Focus Pixels, True Tone Flash, and advanced computational photography. The camera on the front of the device is a 12MP Ultra Wide TrueDepth camera that can be used to capture high-quality selfies, make FaceTime calls, and utilize Apple’s Portrait mode feature.
The Apple iPad 10 is faster than all Android tablets. Especially compared to its predecessor, it offers a better and more modern design, a bit lager and bright 10.9-inch display, as well as a new and good keyboard cover. Overall, it's a great tablet but it does have a bunch of downsides. The screen is not laminated and I noticed a jelly effect. You can get it with the first-generation Apple Pencil. However, for that one to work you have to buy an extra adapter which is ridiculous. And, sadly, the price has increased.
The Xiaomi Pad 6 has a rear camera of 13MP with an f/2.2 aperture and PDAF which can take good quality photos. It works well for casual photography and is capable of capturing detailed images. The front camera has an 8MP sensor that is suitable for video calls and basic selfies.
The iPad 10 has an impressive camera setup for a tablet. It features a 12MP rear camera with an f/1.8 aperture, autofocus with Focus Pixels, and can capture clear and vibrant photos even in low light conditions. The front-facing camera is a 12MP sensor with an f/2.4 aperture, Retina Flash, and FaceTime video capabilities. Overall, the iPad 10’s camera is versatile and produces quality photos for everyday use.
Also Read: iPad 10 review
Battery life is an important factor to think about, especially if you need to use your device for a long time without charging it often. Since we have already reviewed all the three tablets, here’s the battery performance of each tablet. For our test, we streamed HD YouTube videos with optimum brightness.
- Xiaomi Pad 6: The Xiaomi Pad 6 has a 144Hz display and can run for approximately 8.15 hours on a single charge, which should be enough for most users to enjoy several hours of uninterrupted usage before needing to plug in.
- Apple iPad Pro 11 (2022): We got 6 hours of battery backup from Apple iPad Pro 11. While it falls behind the Xiaomi Pad 6, it still offers a respectable duration that can support a variety of tasks and activities throughout the day on moderate usage.
- Apple iPad 10: The Apple iPad 10 provided a battery life of 5.5 hours. Although it has the shortest battery life among the three tablets, it is important to note that actual usage may vary based on different factors such as screen brightness, apps running in the background, and wireless connectivity.
Please note that the battery life of the tablets may differ based on usage patterns, settings, and other factors. The durations mentioned earlier are to provide a rough idea of the tablets’ battery performance on extreme usage.
When thinking about battery performance, it’s important for users to think about their own needs and wants. If having a long battery life is the most important thing, then the Xiaomi Pad 6 would be a good pick. But if having a good balance of battery life and other features is more important, then the Apple iPad Pro 11 (2022) or Apple iPad 10 would be good options. They offer great performance, display quality, and ecosystem integration.
Let’s see the accessories available for each of the three tablets, which can improve their functionality and versatility.
- Xiaomi Pad 6: The pen that comes with the Xiaomi Pad 6 is similar in appearance and functionality to the Apple Pencil 2. It has a pressure-sensitive tip, two side buttons, and provides a comparable level of accuracy to Samsung’s S Pen and Apple Pencil. The pen is probably made specifically for use with the Xiaomi Pad 6 and is expected to improve the drawing and note-taking experience. Additionally, the Pad 6 comes with a keyboard cover.
- Apple iPad 10: To clarify, the Apple iPad 10 works with the first-generation Apple Pencil. This tool lets you draw, sketch, take notes, and annotate on the iPad screen. The Apple Pencil is designed to provide accurate input and is pressure-sensitive, making it ideal for artists and note-takers alike. Additionally, you can purchase a keyboard cover, but please note that these accessories are not included with the iPad and must be purchased separately.
- Apple iPad Pro 11 (2022): The second-generation Apple Pencil is designed for use with the Apple iPad Pro 11. This stylus is even better than the previous version, with faster response times and new features like customizable double-tap options. It can be conveniently stored and charged thanks to its magnetic attachment. The Apple Pencil 2 is ideal for professionals who need precise and smooth input on their iPad Pro. Additionally, a keyboard cover is available for purchase, but neither accessory is included with the iPad and must be bought separately.
When it comes to purchasing a tablet, pricing plays a significant role in the decision-making process. Here’s a breakdown of the pricing for the Xiaomi Pad 6, Apple iPad 10, and Apple iPad Pro 11:
- Xiaomi Pad 6: The pricing and availability details for the Xiaomi Pad 6 have not been officially released yet, but they are expected to be announced soon. The base model with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage is anticipated to start at approximately US$275 in China. The 8GB/128GB and 8GB/256GB versions are expected to be priced at around US$290 and US$335, respectively. However, it’s important to note that these prices may vary depending on the market and region, and they are subject to change.
- Apple iPad 10: The base model of the Apple iPad 10 costs $399 and has 64GB storage and WiFi-only connectivity. The 256GB variant costs $599. Note that these prices are for WiFi-only models and do not include cellular connectivity, which may have additional costs.
- Apple iPad Pro 11 (2022): The Apple iPad Pro 11 is a top-of-the-line tablet that costs a bit more than other options. The least expensive model has 128GB of storage and only connects to the internet through WiFi. It costs $767. If you need more storage, you can pay $850 for a model with 256GB of storage. There’s also a 1TB storage option that starts at $1499. Keep in mind that these prices are only for the WiFi-only models. If you want to use cellular data, you’ll need to pay extra.
In conclusion, each tablet excels in different aspects, catering to various user needs and preferences.
The iPad Pro is a top-quality tablet that comes with many advanced features such as a highly superior display resolution, P3 Color Gamut support, an advanced camera system, and high-performance abilities because of the M2 chip. It is an excellent choice for those looking for the ultimate tablet experience, especially professionals and creatives. Nevertheless, it does come with a higher price point.
The Xiaomi Pad 6 has a great display that can refresh at different rates, a big battery with over 8 hours of backup on high usage, and is reasonably priced. It runs well and is fun to use, making it a good choice for things like watching videos, doing work, or just everyday use.
The iPad 10 is a well-rounded tablet with a great display, powerful processor, good cameras, and an affordable price. It’s a reliable and versatile option for anyone who doesn’t want to spend too much money.
The choice between Xiaomi Pad 6 vs iPad 10 vs iPad Pro 11 ultimately depends on personal preferences and budget. If you want the best possible experience, the iPad Pro 11 (2022) is the way to go, but if you’re looking for a good balance between performance and affordability, you might want to consider the Xiaomi Pad 6 or iPad 10.
100% Reader Supported
MyNextTablet.com is 100% funded by its readers. In many of our reviews and guides, you'll find so-called affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission. The price remains the same for you, and you're supporting independent reviews and independent journalism. Learn more.
Best 8-Inch Mini Tablets Review & Comparison | 2023 Edition
Which is the best 8-inch tablet you can buy right now? I review all iPads, Android, and Windows tablets and...
The Best Tablets For Reading | 2023 Edition
Which are the best tablets for reading? We have tested all the current models. Here are our recommendations.
Xiaomi Pad 6 Alternatives: 10 Best Options to Consider While Staying Under Budget
We bring you the top 10 alternatives for Xiaomi Pad 6 that you must check out before making your decision.
The Best Tablets for University Students Tested | 2023 Edition
Which tablets are best suited for university students? We have compiled a list of the best devices for students to...
The Best Tablets with OLED Displays | 2023 Edition
Are you looking for a good tablet with an OLED display? We have tested all current models from Samsung, Apple,...
The Best6 hours ago
Best 8-Inch Mini Tablets Review & Comparison | 2023 Edition
The Best5 months ago
The Best Cheap Tablets Under $100 | 2023 Edition
The Best4 weeks ago
The Best Tablets For Reading | 2023 Edition
The Best5 months ago
The Best Tablets Under 400 Dollars | 2023 Edition
How To5 months ago
Can I Connect an Apple Watch to an iPad?
How To5 months ago
Can I Put Tablets and iPads in Checked Luggage?
How To5 months ago
Replacing an iPad battery: Is it worth it?
The Best6 months ago
The Best Tablets for Photographers | 2023 Edition